Sunday 27 March 2011

Census 2011 - They are going to 'enforce' it

[photo: GETTY]
Three weeks ago I received my census forms in the mail. In the cover letter they said that it is mandatory to complete the survey and return the forms. I told Jacques that I am pretty sure that they will enforce it if we don't complete the census. Now I have confirmation.
Anyone who repeatedly refuses to take part in the once-in-a-decade population count will face criminal prosecution and a £1,000 fine as the Office for National Statistics steps up efforts to catch census evaders.

I guess the emphasis is on repeated. This is typical of Britain. If you don't pay, you are fined. If you don't complete the census you are fined. Ask Jacques - he didn't pay a £1-00 parking fee and he got fined £90-00. That is why they have cameras everywhere. To collect the fines.

No comments:

Post a Comment