Sunday 13 March 2011

50 Days Later

Fifty days passed since everything changed. I have lost 10kg in weight. I am now a daily TFL commuter and I read the Metro. Every morning. Here is a quick update of everything that happened in the last few weeks.

Reverse Narcissistic Trauma (RNT)
I suffer from a condition I call RNT, sometimes known as RANT. There is probably a great description in the DSM IV for this, but I have no reason to look it up. For obvious reasons I didn't name it the NIT. 
It is what remains after a vicious encounter with a Narcissist. As a victim you are left with feelings of inadequacy, severe doubt about your own abilities and question marks all over the place. Sometimes I wish it was called KILL, but it is not. You could say that you feel you are going insane. But you are not. Trust me in this.  It is comorbid with depression and all the other unpleasantries you can imagine. More about this in a future post. 

Losing Weight
While reading the new iPad version of Reader's digest a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled on the Alternate Day Diet, also called the Up Day, Down Day Diet (First seen in the January 2011 Edition of Readers Digest). It made so much sense to me that I bought the book and started the very next day. The gist is that you restrict your diet to 500kCal or less every second day and eat normally the next. It is not impossible and 4 weeks later I have reduced the source of my carbon footprint by 10kg and that is just awesome. 

Caucasus Visit
I've been to the fringes of Europe for two weeks to continue work on a big financial project. It was great - gave me a lot of time to stare at my Philips SAD lamp and to cope with the impeding NITD doom I was yet to face then. Saw a bit of Istanbul on my way there and fell in love with Georgian Lobiani bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment