Tuesday 26 June 2012

Interesting insight about depression and sleep


Yesterday I felt terrible again. I had the most incredible resistance against doing work I really should be doing. I wondered how on earth am I going to be sustaining myself if I continue this way. I went for loads of walks yesterday and had a late afternoon nap. I slept like there was no tomorrow. Herman came home and we went for another walk. I thought about what I was feeling and tried to explain it to him. I said I was not depressed, but tired. A sort of depressed-tiredness. Then I remembered that I had the same feeling a while ago and that I didn't sleep well the previous two nights. I decided to stop torturing myself and went to bed and took one of my precious few Dormonocts. I had an amazing night and didn't wake up until just before seven this morning. Today, I suddenly started to spontaneously work on the document that has been causing me so much pain lately. I've now added 10 pages to it and I am not even remotely done!

So what is the lesson? If you feel that way, watch your sleep. It is hard to distinguish between a lack of sleep and a feeling uninspired, demotivated and depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment