Wednesday 27 June 2012

An experimental video I made while walking through the Greenwich Foot Tunnel

I was fascinated by this tunnel underneath the Thames between Greenwich at the Cutty Sark and the Isle of Dogs near Canary Wharf. Initially built to allow dock workers to cross the Thames effectively in the 1800's, it was bombed in the second world war and damaged. You can see where the the temporary repairs were made at around 5:00 in the video.

I have plans to turn this footage into one of my experiments and use it as the video backing to some of Herman's music in the near future. But keep an eye on this blog. And sorry for the noise :) That is part of the charm.

Rough cut walking through the Greenwich Foot Tunnel

I later went back with my mother for another try and ended up with a great shot:
No cycling here - and the cyclist

Ironic is the clear signs prohibiting cycling, but everyone is still doing it regardless.

2 comments:

  1. It's just like the red lights and drivers in South Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just like the 'understanding' South African drivers have with red traffic lights!

    ReplyDelete