Saturday 31 December 2011

Burnout...

I have been torturing myself for months because I just couldn't get excited about anything. At first I thought it was all because of a recurring bout of depression. Maybe it was. But I got that treated and I am already feeling much better. But still no lust for life, no creative juice, no sense that I want to build something again. And then in the car yesterday, I asked Jacques if he seriously believed that it will all come back to me with time, it hit me like that blow from a hammer.

I burned out a year ago.

I am still going through the recovery. And that is why I struggle so much. Yes Jacques, you said it to me many times and I didn't hear you. But now that I've read nine articles, I know that it is indeed what is wrong with me.

What a strange realisation for 31 December 2011.

1 comment: