Thursday 6 October 2011

Farewell Steve

Steve jobs I woke up today with the news that my hero has died.

I have to reflect on this - now - so that I don't betray the incredible emotions I felt today. I feel incredibly sad - so sad that I can hardly think.

The last time something affected me as this did was when Jenny died. It is hard to describe - I didn't know him, but it feels as though I did. When Jenny died, I heard about it through an off-hand remark on a phone call. When Steve died, I heard it from someone else. I had to ask him to repeat what he said to me. But the same bombshell struck both times. I was near to tears for most of the day - I am still now.

Why do I feel this way? I realised that I was drawing parallels between his life and my one. We both got kicked out of the company we loved. We both had to start over. I have some of the things he said that inspired me most on my computer and I look at it every day. It is that what gave me the will to go on.

It is so sad that the end came the way it did. I was still hoping that he would make a surprise appearance on Tuesday with the new iPhone launch. That didn't happen. He is dead now.

I must say, the man was amazing. He is one of the very few people in this world that truly inspired me. I want to be like him.

I will miss him very much indeed.

Farewell Steve.

1 comment:

  1. I guess it was me who told you about it... Sad news indeed, a truly changer of the status quo is gone.

    Juan.

    ReplyDelete