Thursday 30 March 2017

Hip Arthroscopy and Labral Repair day 21 Update

I'm now in the 3rd week of recovery. Most of the recovery plans indicated that it should be safe and desirable to start using a stationary bike after about 14 days. I tried a short session last Friday (day 15) and managed to do 10 minutes without any pain. 
Then on Saturday I thought I'd do it again, but extending to 30 minutes. I managed this, without pain and it felt great afterwards. However, by Sunday morning I had the same pain in my buttocks as before the repair. This got gradually worse. At my physio session on Monday (day 18) I mentioned this to the therapist and she said I've probably just caused some inflammation in the wound. 
I must say that I can move my leg in most ways, without pain. The only hassle is the pain from the labrum. I haven't tried cycling again yet. Common sense says I've got to rest for a few days until the pain subsides again.

No comments:

Post a Comment