Tuesday 12 March 2013

A year and twelve years later

Yesterday it was a year since Simone passed away. 

Simone Collings
Paul invited me a few weeks back to join them for drinks to remember her. I didn't know anyone there, except for Paul and then he introduced me to Mike, Simone's uncle - Jenny's brother.  On 6 February it was twelve long years since Jenny also passed. 

On 8 February last year Simone sent me this picture of her mother and it is really precious to me.
A beautiful photo of Jenny
This morning I wrote him a letter to share some of my memories of Jenny and to think of her.
Jenny du Preez
The day she died, Monique wrote this beautiful poem:
Hi Sweetie,
You were a woman old, wise and wealthy
self taught and well read
In your bright life you saw
a painted Paradise with harps and lutes
and you said “Damn those who would make life a hell”
Some frightened you – some gave you joy and happiness
But you had that joy, dear
to whom all sinners in the end must come,
filled with faith, without idleness or pretenses
In that faith you lived and died.

Jenny and Rudolph
And I wrote this one:
To my friend Jenny
The entire Sweden is crying for you today.
Yesterday I saw white snow everywhere
This morning it is wet and cold and gray.
I can see it in the trees and the clouds and me
Yes I know you told me to never look back
or to cry
And the way you told me to reflect on everything
and move on. 
This time it is me who is crying
I cannot but remember you.
We just talked yesterday
and everything was going to be fine.  
Remember the many walks and brunch?
Our ditch in Kista?
Thank you for listening
and always telling me why.
Thank you for being you
and making me live every day. 
I will miss you
but your smile
and friendship will be with me 
Your friend
Rudolph

1 comment:

  1. You have an old soul and a very bright mind, a beautiful poem

    ReplyDelete